Jan 13, 2011

So, when did I become a First Responder?



As we approach the end of the 1st semester, I am again reminded of the fact that as much as I try to prepare these students for the reality that is going to be part of their lives soon, they just don't get it...

I feel so overwhelmed with the massive amount of grading and remediating that comes as students realize that they aren't going to pass for the six week period or even worse, the semester...

I guess it is forever the dilemma in my classroom....

On a good note, I have had several visitors over the past couple of weeks from past students. These students are a good reminder of why I do what I do...I. Must. Hang. In. There.

:-)

1 comment:

  1. Yes. Hang. In. There. As one of those students who sometimes wasn't sure about passing, great teachers always helped me pull through - even when I didn't care. You are a wonderful person and teacher. Keep it up and don't let the bad days get you down for too long. Love ya.

    ReplyDelete