Jun 3, 2009

Wow...Last Published April 26th...That's alarming!

It's been awhile hasn't it?

Yep...Still at the 30 pound mark and it's OK. I am going to revitalize my diet and exercise plan next week and work toward 20 more this summer. Wish me luck!

We are nearing the end of my 5th year teaching in Texas(11th overall....Just in case anyone was wondering). I must say that I have thoroughly enjoyed the students this year! I might miss them a little bit.

There have been some things about this year that have been painful. Administration has been in a huge mess that they themselves created. It has pretty much devastated the morale on campus. So, I choose to deal with "my" children in "my" room and enjoy myself. I stay hidden in my corner of the world and do my job(better some days than others).

I'm anxious to get my AP scores back this year. I feel like I might have broken through some conceptual walls and reached some understanding myself that helped me create better lessons for the students. I guess only time will tell, right?

My oldest son has come a long way in his first year of middle school. I have worried A LOT throughout this year. Sometimes I have come to his rescue a little to help him. I did that when I felt like he had shown some serious improvement in responsibility(like a little liaison between he and his teachers).

My middle child(I know! I was a middle child, too...) has really blossomed in his 3rd grade year. I have learned that he needs to know a little about what will happen before it happens...Then he is OK. This relates to everything in his life, too. I'm glad that I figured this out so soon in his life...Makes my life and his much easier.

My youngest child is nearly reading, thanks to his preschool experience. He loves school and is a smart little guy. Nothing gets past him!

I guess when I step back and realize that I have had an EXTREMELY stressful year, I also note that my Heavenly Father has also given me immense blessings in other areas to "off-set" the pain of my work experience this year. Hmmmm, I guess He understands, doesn't He?

Graduation practice happens tomorrow and Graduation on Saturday. It will be the end of a growing year for myself and others. I'm so proud of my "little people"--those that are mine forever and those that are mine for a short time--all of them!

I'll try to do more blogging over the summer break...It really feels good to reflect for a moment.

1 comment:

  1. Can you believe another class of students are nearly gone? Crazy!! I can relate to the messy administration..ughh! Congrats on the 30 and Good Luck with the summer 20!

    ReplyDelete