Oct 16, 2009

Awakening

As many of you know (like THAT many really read this...HA!), work has been a struggle for quite some time.

My oldest son came in after football practice last night. We commenced with the usual exchange of stuff he did at school and football practice. As I was cooking dinner and a burrito mixture for the faculty breakfast I was hosting, Allen came to me and asked, "Did you have a bad day at work? Were people being mean to you?"

I promptly mumbled, "Well, a little, I guess...Why did you just ask me that?"

Allen then countered with, "It just seems like you are in a bad mood a lot when you come home from work."

WOW! Isn't that telling!

So, from that moment I decided that instead of feeling grumpy and tired, I will try to help the situation by talking to the right people about my frustrations.

Now, I know that it will not wipe out the grumpiness....and I definitely know that it won't wipe out the tiredness...But, it will help me to feel better and then be happier when I come home...

Awakening, indeed!

2 comments:

  1. Ah...a little self-realization is great - don't you think?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. why do kids see things so much easier than we do? I need to have less of the grumpies too.

    PS I was in the Dallas Airport for three hours today! I wish I could have popped over! :-)

    ReplyDelete